Is Diarrhea transmissable to others by sharing water?

Hi, I suffered from Diarrhea 7 years back. I got treatment and recovered. I'm healthy now. I don't have any diseases. But I'm facing 1 strange problem. That is if share my water bottle with others out of 6 to 7 people . 1 person complaining me that he got ill (mild fever) because of me, remaining people are ok. I'm not able to mingle with my friends due to this problem. I could not understand the problem. I met 1 physician and he has done spootum test, blood test. Result is normal . can you identify and tell my problem
Posted Sat, 15 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Part of herd immunity. Relax Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX , thanks for using HCM. I went through the query and understood your concern. First of all I like to congratulate you for your good health. Any infection will develop only if the immunity against that purticular virus or bacteria is low. Most commonly the diarrhea will develop due to virus and next is bacteria. So the people those share your bottle or food if have good immunity against the most commonly occuring virus then they won't suffer from the infection. The person with low immunity will suffer. So this is not your problem. The person if infected once will get immunity to the purticular infectious agent after infection and he will not get the same infection again. Later the virus may spread to other person and the same cycle continues (Herd immunity will develop). So you are not required to be worry here. The mild fever suggest the body reaction to the infectious agent. Since your blood tests and other reports are normall you cannot spread any deadly disease but you may be one of the many people around you who are the part of the cycle I explained before. So be relaxed and enjoy your life. Hope this information helps you. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Regards
Follow-up: Is Diarrhea transmissable to others by sharing water? 20 minutes later
can you suggest treatment for this problem.I suffered from diarrhea long back due to bad food taken in small hotel. will still affect still remains in my body after 7 to 8 years?
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 10 hours later
Brief Answer: No. You can't be the source Detailed Answer: Hi thanks for writing back. The diarrhea you suffered long back due to bad food will not spread from you. Since it was bacterial infection it would have been completely cleared with the antibiotics you have taken and your immunity. You cannot be the source of the infection. Some infection like TB, typhoid can spread for long duration if not treated. But you dont have any features of them and you are healthy. So you cant be the source. 1/7-8 person getting affected with sharing your bottle may be due to his own low immunity or just thinking the normal body responce as illness, since only mild feverish without any other symptoms. So you are not required to worry. If we consider you are spreading illness then all those come to your contact should have been affected, and you are very health. So be relaxed. Treatment: Diagnosing and management if there is any illness. As the illness, signs and symptoms lead us to diagnose if any problem. I hope this information helps you. Regards