Is Deviry tablet effective in preventing pregnancy?

Question
hi,if i have divery tablet i can prevent pregnancy.i didnt have sex but i doubt his fluid touched mine
Posted Sun, 19 Mar 2017 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Sameer Kumar 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
deviry is not an emergency contraceptive pill.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the query to HCM,
Deviry is not an emergency contraceptive pill so it will not prevent pregnancy instead you may opt for an IPILL within 72 hrs of last intercourse which has a success rate of 99% in preventing pregnancy. So go for an emergency contraceptive pill and not a low dose oc pill like Deviry.

Follow-up: Is Deviry tablet effective in preventing pregnancy? 4 minutes later
i had my periods last month 28th...so today is my date...so is there chances of getting pregnant...v didnt have intercourse...our fluids just might have touched for some time

Answered by Dr. Sameer Kumar 5 minutes later
Brief Answer:
minimal chances of pregnancy.

Detailed Answer:
Ideally you are in your safe period as your menses are due , so Emergency contraception is not required as you are in safe period.

Follow-up: Is Deviry tablet effective in preventing pregnancy? 3 days later
i didnt get my periods even after taking 8 tablets of deviry tablets.when will i get my periods.am i pregnant?...i didnt have sex but our fluids might have touched...im not sure about it..wat should i do

Answered by Dr. Sameer Kumar 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
answered

Detailed Answer:
If you have already taken 8 tabs of deviry which was not to be taken. You should have taken plain progesterone only pills like meprate 10mg twice a day for 5 days and then the menses would have come in next 5-7 days post the last dose.
You may get a serum beta hcg test to rule out pregnancy if you wish to be sure . If the hcg levels are less than 3mIU then you are not pregnant.
regards