Is Deflazacort safe for a 2 months old?

Hi, My daughter is 2 months old and weighs around 5.4 kg. She is suffering from cold and cough for 2 weeks. The doctor has prescribed her Deflazacort Oral Suspension (LAZA). Is it advisable to give her this ?
Posted Sun, 23 Mar 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 18 minutes later
Brief Answer: yes. Detailed Answer: Hi. Thanks for your query. I understand your concern. Relax,there is nothing to worry. Deflazocort is a steroid which is anti inflammatory. It can be safely given in prescribed dosage. Be in constant follow up with your pediatrician. Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can help further. Wishing your baby good health. God bless..