Is Cryo ablation or Radiofrequency ablation better for atrial fib?

what is considered the better ablation for atrial fib, cryo ablation or radiofrequency ablation
Posted Tue, 28 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Both are considered same, but recommend Cryo Detailed Answer: Hello sir and welcome. Thank you for writing to us. In my opinion, both cryoballoon ablation and radiofrequency ablation are almost the same when it comes to effectivity and success, but I would recommend cryoballoon ablation. Although radiofrequency ablation is the more popular procedure out of the two, from recent statistics cryoballoon ablation is increasingly growing in popularity and will soon be more popular and commonly performed than radiofrequency ablation. A more recent study had this to say when the two were compared "No significant differences were found in terms of acute success and overall complication rate." I hope you find my response helpful sir. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help you. Best wishes.