Ask a Urologist   »  

Is Cranpac-D, Doxacard-2, and Niftran 100 useful for urethra stricture?

Jul 2016

I have been asked to take cranpac-d, doxacard-2 and niftran 100 for urethra stricture caused due to wrong catherization about 18 years back to avoid operation,\. I am now 28 years. will it be helpfull?
Posted Sat, 8 Mar 2014 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Stricture Urethra can not be cured by medicine. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have developed Stricture of the Urethra due to instrumentation (catheterisation ) attempted 18 years back., I shall be happy if you can post me few more details to help me in making comments on your problem. 1) have you done radiological test termed as Retrograde Cysto Urthrogram to confirm the diagnosis of Stricture Urethra? 2) Do you have to strain to pass urine ? 3)Have you done basic tests like Routine urine and Urine culture to confirm that you have UTI? 4) Urodynaemic study of Bladder and Uroflometry. Stricture urethra is a mechanical obstruction due to spongiofibrosis in urethra resulting into narrowing of the urethra and causing obstruction to flow of urine .It can not be cured with any drugs . The medicines that you have been prescribed are antibiotics and alpha adrenergic receptor blockers which help to reduce the urinary infection and relax smooth muscles in prostate to improve urine flow.The basic pathology that is narrowing of the urethral passage has to be dealt with surgical approach either by Optical Internal Urethrotomy or open surgery of Urothroplasty. Please consult qualified Urologist for clinical evaluation and get above mentioned tests under his guidance .The final mode of treatment will be decided by him on findings of these tests.. Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.