Is Clavam with Abphylline safe for throat infection treatment?

I am having regular throat infection and cold and headache. My doctor has prescribed clavam 375 mg twice a day for 5 days with Abphylline 1 tab a day. How safe are these medicines.
Posted Tue, 18 Feb 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 14 minutes later
Brief Answer: Generally very safe Detailed Answer: Hi Clavum is very safe drug (an antibiotic) not known to cause complications if not allergic to it. Abphylline (antiasthmatic and bronchodilator) is relatively newer drug and is regularly prescribed with good safety index. You can safely take them. Let me know if you have any specific queries.