Is Cialis better than Flomax for BPH and erectile dysfunction treatment?

Question
Been taking 0.4 mg Flomax for years, Started using infrequently Cialis 20 mg. No problem, however, the other day could not achieve an erection and could not sustain an erection. Am I better off stopping Flomax and using Cialis 2.5 daily to treat both my BPH and ED?
Posted Thu, 23 Jan 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 2 hours later
Brief Answer: cialis 5mg once daily can be used Detailed Answer: Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic Normal erectile function depends on the correct interaction of different factors: (1) adequate hormones (2) normal nerve supply (3) normal blood supply Erectile problems can occur for different reasons: (1)side effect of medication, (2)effect of chronic illness such as diabetes/ high cholesterol/ high blood pressure on blood supply and nerves (3)other neurological conditions such as stroke/ MS (4)systemic illnesses such as liver or kidney disease Flomax can cause problems with sexual function in some men. Cialis can be used to treat both prostate enlargement and erectile dysfunction. The dose , when using it for both of these conditions , is 5 mg each day at approximately the same time. Using only cialis is definitely an option but instead of the 2.5 mg dose you quoted, 5 mg would have to be used unless you have kidney disease. If there are kidney issues , you would have to start at 2.5 mg and increase the dose slowly. You should speak to your doctor before making any changes. I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions