Is Ceftin helpful for a sinus infection?

ENT Specialist
Is ceftin helpful for a sinus infection? Also for pain in the bony area of the sinus?
Posted Tue, 4 Mar 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Satvinder Bakshi 11 minutes later
Brief Answer: yes, it may help! Detailed Answer: Hello! Ceftin is a good drug and is useful for acute sinus infections, however for chronic infections, the usefulness is doubtful hence i would recommend that you change your antibiotic! please meet your ent doctor for discussing this and getting the prescription for the other antibiotic , In my experience tab levofloxacin with ornidazole combination given for 2-3 weeks is quiet useful, however this is just from my experience and i would like you to consult your ent doctor for his opinion. Pain is due to the infection and inflammation and will come down once the infection subsides, however you can take a pain killer for the time being , like tab paracetamol/acetaminophen 650 mg 2-3 times a day. You should also start steam inhalation 2-3 times a day. There is a technique in YOGA called "jal nethi" , i would like you to try that if you can , it is very useful and many of my patients are doing it regularly! Take care