Is BP is recording 100/140 normal?

Hello Doctor, I was using dilzem sr 90' for last 3 years and due to the side effects of it, my doctor suggested to stop using them and to wait for 1 month to monitor my blood pressure. After stopping it for 10 days, now my BP is recording 100/140. When I informed about it to my Doctor, he replied not worry and we Will wait for another 3 weeks. Please suggest me, if the BP is 100/140 for so long, will there be any effect on my other organs. XXXX
Posted Mon, 17 Feb 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 41 minutes later
Brief Answer: Yes - over long term Detailed Answer: Dear friend, Welcome to Health Care Magic Probably, your doctor wants to check - a few more times - before initiating treatment… Because the treatment is often life long... It should be checked several times to be sure... Values at one visit may be from fear, anxiety and so on... The range for the upper figure (Systolic) is 90 to 140 mm Hg. The range for the lower figure (Diastolic) is 60 to 90 mm Hg. Check it again. Start treatment. 140 itself is high normal and needs frequent follow up. 100 is high / it is NOT normal / It needs treatment. Good luck Take care Wishing all well God bless