Is AMH level of 3.89, low?

Infertility Specialist
Hi Doctor, I my AMH level is 3.89 ng/ml. Is it low?
Posted Sun, 19 Jan 2014 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Dattaprasad 10 hours later
Brief Answer: Normal. Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome back. AMH result is absolutely normal. What did you decide for further plan of management?
Follow-up: Is AMH level of 3.89, low? 3 hours later
I changed the doctor, now consulting XXXXXXX XXXXXXX but she has put me under her assistant doctor. She has advised to go for IUI 2more times if not IVF. But, i am really worried that even after trying so much with no other major problems we are not able to succeed. Expenses are growing day by day and we feel IVF and all not reachable to us.
Answered by Dr. Dattaprasad 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Stress lowers fertility. Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome back. I can understand the problem you are facing. You are taking treatment with doctor of good repute. Please don't bother whether doctor or her assitant is giving treatment, as most of the times those assistants are only treating patients & giving good results. I am going to tell few tips to maximize chance during IUI cycle. 1. Insist on superovulation with injections alone (that is no clomiphene/leterozol tablets to be taken). It will increase overall cost of cycle & you will be needed to take 8-12 injections, but importantly it will increase chance of multifollicular ovulation, it will avoid side effects of tablets on endometrium (normally clomiphene reduces endometrial thickness) & it will increase chance of pregnancy. In such a cycle, you need to start inj FSH on day 2/3 of your menses. 2. Don't restrict intercourse in IUI cycle & try to follow the tips given in last answer. I wish you conceive in IUI cycle itself, but by chance if you don't conceive & if you are emotionaly & financially not ready for IVF, take a break for 3-4 months, destress yourself, you can even go for picnic. Try to forget that you are trying for pregnancy during that period. We have seen many pregnancies happening due to relief from stress (for the same reason many couples conceive naturally aftet having first baby through IVF). I hope this helps you. Let me know if you have other concerns. Regards.
Follow-up: Is AMH level of 3.89, low? 13 minutes later
Thanks for the advise. But, my doctor has not advised for medicine or injection, as i already have some 5 follicles coming up in which they get atleast 3 gud eggs it seems. My endometrium is thin so i am taking alivher tablts.
Answered by Dr. Dattaprasad 12 minutes later
Brief Answer: Take hcg at appropiate time. Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome back. This is the same adverse effect of tablets I was refering to. Its good that you are making multiple follicles. Just make sure that you take inj hCG at right time. In clomiphene induced cycles its better to wait for endometrium to improve before taking hCG. Kindly make sure that you have good endometrium (thickness of either >9mm or previous cycle's maximum thickness). In cycles without clomiphene, hCG is given when follicle reaches 18-20mm, but in clomiphene cycles you can wait till 22-24mm of follicle size to allow endometrium to improve. I hope this helps you. Regards.
Follow-up: Is AMH level of 3.89, low? 5 minutes later
Yeah HCG will be given it seems. Will keep note of endometrium thickness. thanks a lot :)
Answered by Dr. Dattaprasad 4 minutes later
Brief Answer: Welcome. Detailed Answer: You are most welcome.