Is 34.3 body temperature too low for a 1 year old?

is 34.3 body temperature too low for a 1 year old? her hands and feet are not cold.. they are in fact warm.. but her body is little cold.. i gave her 5ml meftal instead of the recommended 3.5 ml by mistake.. what to do?
Posted Tue, 20 Nov 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Sumitra Kumar Mukherjee 2 hours later
The body tempareture varies from infant to infant.
The normal body tempareture of 1year old child should be about 37.61 degree .C
Yes the temp has gone down a bit low but that is due to Meftal.(Mefenamic acid)
The dose of mefenamic acid for one year old is 2.5mls. You said you have given the baby 5 mls. I don't think there will be any problem for that. This time your child may not be affected but learn a lesson that read the bottle instruction before every medicine user. Now please give the baby extra fluid that is boiled and cool water frequently. I recommend you should give Paracetamol instead of Meftal.
Syrup 5mls three times daily instead of Mefenamic acid. Just keep an eye to the baby and if you get any query. please contact me.