Is 1cm tumor in the nipple complex have a fair chance of cure?

Doctor please bare with me on this question. I have had a digital mamagram and a ultrasound, that shows a 1 cm tumor under and a little to the right of my breast.under my nipple. there is no fluid coming from my nipple. My surgeon said I needed a stereotactic breast biopsy. Now he has had a consultation with another surgeon, and has decided that the stereotactic machine would not give him a view of the breast he will need. Doctor I know that there is no good place in my breast for a tumor. But as far as having a 1 cm tumor in regards to the location to lymph notes, is this location better or worse location. If this 1 cm tumor is bad in this location, is there a fair chance of a cure. a little nervous I hope you can help me. thank you very much
Posted Wed, 12 Mar 2014 in Breast Cancer
Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 6 days later
Brief Answer: Lower outer quadrant tumor, not the best. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for posting your query. I have gone through your query and understand your concern, I apologize for the delay in answering your question, due to some technical issue, your question was not visible. To answer your query, when compared to the tumors in the nipple complex, the upper outer quadrant has the best prognosis in survival rates, and the remaining quadrants have almost identical survival rates and similar prognosis, but slightly better than the tumors in the nipple complex. A tumor anywhere is not a good thing to have, as you said. And you should get it removed as early as possible. I hope this answers your query, please write back if you have any doubts. Wishing you the best. Regards
Follow-up: Is 1cm tumor in the nipple complex have a fair chance of cure? 1 hour later
doctor is a 1 cm tumor big or small and can a tumor that size be treated with success.
Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 34 minutes later
Brief Answer: 1 cm tumor can safely be called a small one. Detailed Answer: Hello again, Thanks for writing back. 1 cm tumor is classified as stage one even when it is a cancerous one. In your case, it is not yet confirmed that it is indeed a cancerous tumor. So for you, the first step would be to get that confirmed. Generally, 1 cm tumors are considered as quite early, and they are small, and the treatment is generally highly successful, excepting in infiltrating tumors which tend to metastasize. (this is for cancerous tumors). Benign tumors don't need any treatment when they are this small. I hope you get what I am saying, please revert back if you have any doubts or further concerns. Regards.