Is 104 pulse rate dangerous?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
Is 104 pulse rate dangerous?
Posted Sun, 22 Jul 2012 in Heart Rate and Rhythm Disorders

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
A normal adult's pulse can be anywhere from 60 to 100 beats per minute. Anything over 100 is technically defined as a tachycardia. But a borderline increase in pulse rate to 104 beats per minute might be due to mild anxiety or stress or coffee intake or fever. Such a mild increase in pulse rate is not at all XXXXXXX and can be attributed mild physiological variation.
In case the rise is persistent then an evaluation by physician is needed to find out the cause and proper treatment.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.