Irritation in penis, yellow discharge, stomach cramps, diarrhea.

Hi, Yesterday I began to notice a slight irritation at the opening of my penis and when I took a look noticed a small amount of slightly yellowish discharge. Last night I began to get bad stomach cramps which spread to my lower back and this morning its uncomfortable enough to keep me off work. I had diohorea this morning and have just noticed a small amount of discharge again. I last had sex about 16 days ago.
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Radhika 5 hours later

You had yellowish discharge in the penis associated with stomach cramps.

Penile discharge that is not urine or semen from the urethra at the tip of the penis associated with pain or discomfort – often with urination – may be a sign of a sexually transmitted infection.

It could be due to various causes like Gonorrhea, Chlamydia trachomatis, Mycoplasma genitalium, Ureaplasma urealyticum or any other bacterial infection.

You recently had Chlamydia for which you were treated with antibiotics. Sometimes if the other partner is not treated with antibiotics there is possibility that you could be re-infected by it.

Penile discharge or urethritis can be diagnosed by finding white blood cells (neutrophils or pus cells) on a urethral swab or in a urine sample (first sample in the morning). You will need to get it re-diagnosed. Hence I encourage you to consult your physician who can guide you through these tests.

Diarrhea is unlikely to be related to penile discharge. You may use Tablet Pepto Bismol twice a day for 5 days. Increase the intake of fluids and avoid solid food. Bland diet would be more beneficial in this situation.

I hope, I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if you have no further queries.