Irritation having black mole on labia majora. Cancer tests for other marks came -ve. What could be this?

I have a small black XXXXXXX on my labia majora, the size of a pencil prick, it isn't raised, but irritated. I have other marks that have been checked for cancer and have come back negative, could it just be an irritated mole?
Posted Fri, 15 Jun 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Meenakshi Titoria Sahu 50 minutes later
In my opinion, if your XXXXXXX appears irritated, even though it is small, it needs an evaluation. Your blood sugar should be tested and examination of the XXXXXXX by a gynecologist is must. If it is due to some infection, antibiotics will help in healing. For irritation, she might give you some antihistaminics. Regarding it's being a mole, the possibility exists but moles usually do not appear irritated.

Best wishes