Irritation and itching in anus due to white worms. Taken albendazole. Please prescribe medication

Hi, i am 22 years old male weighing 77kgs having a height of 166cms. Since two months i having an irritation and itching feeling near my anus area caused by white worms like substance Coming out from my anus. The worms starts attacking me after night fall during sleep time and i am not able to sleep properly coz of this. But i am not having any trouble during day times but it returns during night. I remember having the same disease when i was 7-8 years old at that time doctor had prescribed me "Albendazole Oral Suspension". Right now i am quite embarrassed to consult a doctor for this kinda disease that's why i am seeking online guidance. Please help me by prescribing a medicine that would kill these woms. PS: I am not have any other diseases nor am i undergoing any treatments.
Posted Fri, 7 Sep 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 56 minutes later

Thanks for writing in.

It seems that you are having worm infestation.

You feel itching at night due to worms coming out during night time.

Passing of worms at night has nothing to with night fall you get.

Take Alminth or Dewormin one tablet or syrup one bottle and repeat this medicine after a week.

This will cure all worms problem.

Take proper care of hygiene of nails, washing of hands before going for meals.

Go for deworming treatment to all family members.

Hope, I answered your query.

If you have further query or clarification, please ask.

I will be happy to help.
Wish you good health.
Follow-up: Irritation and itching in anus due to white worms. Taken albendazole. Please prescribe medication 1 hour later
You have prescribed alminth or deworming as the medicines, can i avail these drugs without doctor.s prescription from local medical store?
Further you have advised to go for deworming treatment for my family. I would like to know more about this treatment.
Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 1 hour later
Hi, Thanks for writing back.

As such this medicine is a prescription medicine but you may get without prescription as it is widely used and safe.

If one family member is having worm infection it is likely that other member can be affected through eggs of worms remained in the clothes, on the other articles like sofa, table, cups, water glass etc. and swallowing eggs from these contaminated articles may give rise to this infection.

So for them one single dose is enough.

From one year child to aged, same single dose should be given. They may not require repeat dose.

I answered your query.
If you do not have further query or clarification, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.