Irritation and burning of upper lips after taking food outside,allergic dry skin,using Hh fudic cream.Skin test ?

Question
Hi doctor,i am 23 yrs old. whenever i eat in one particular hotel, my upper lips starts to irrtate and burn, & after 2 days i get allergic dry skin,which leads to dark XXXXXXX line over lip & stays many days. please tel me which doctor to consult for this. i am trying HH fudic cream now.do i need to take any skin test.
Posted Thu, 3 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 20 minutes later
Hello

It is very vigilant of you that you have noticed such an association. It suggests that you are allergic to some of the condiments or ingredients of the food the particular hotel is using.

A dermatologist is the best person to consult in this regard. A skin test will help in finding out the causative factor.

Meanwhile avoid having food in that restaurant and to avoid this reaction you can take anti allergic like fexofanadine XXXXXXX after consulting your doctor..

Continue using fusidic acid cream.

To remove the dark line, aloe vera cream will also be helpful.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.

Regards.