Irritating eyes. Have been weeping, dried up & stuck together. Brown patch under both eyelids. What is it?

Hi there, I've felt my eyelids irritating my eyes for the past week now, the feel really dry & my eyes have been wheeping in the night & dried up & stuck together when I wake up. I lifted my eyelids up tonight on noticed under both eyelids a browny/black patch, I'm 33. Do you have any idea what the marks could be?

Kind regards
Posted Thu, 23 May 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 1 hour later
Thanks for sending your query to us.
Since the patch is in both eyes it is not a local issue,and is associated with bacterial infection you are having.
What you have to do is to wash your eyes thoroughly with water whenever possible,put anti biotic drops 3-4 times a day.
It will be preferable if you can have a anti biotic eye ointment ,to be applied daily at bed time ,to be effective through out the night when drops are not available.
Do not worry about these patches.They may have been there before also,only that you did not look for them.
please do get back to me in case of any further query in this regard.