Ask a Urologist   »  

Irritated skin and tiny pimples on penis after masturbation. What could be this?

Dermatologist
Question
I am a 34 year old, sexually active uncircumcised male. 8 months ago a part of my foreskin felt irritated after masturbation.the next day it was itchy with no pain.the day after that the area was red and inflamed. The next day there were these small tiny pimple like bumfigure out what itsthat area that itched a little With contact but no pain, no weeping, no puss or fluid of any kind....the tips would develop a scab...after a week or two of neosporin it went away. It has returned. In the same exact place.... I looked at herpes photos online and it looks nothing like that... I am trying to figure out what is it... I exercise a lot and get jock itch from time to time. I can not peel my foreskin back because it is too tight and has been since i can remember..but i can put my finger in and clean it that way every day at least twice a day.
Posted Tue, 23 Oct 2012 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 36 minutes later
Hi ,

Thanks for writing in.

The lesions you are describing can be pyoderma ( bacterial infection of the skin), candidiasis, balanitis etc.

Please answer the following questions to allow me to help you better
Have you been sexually active recently?
Did your partner have any symptoms related to genitals?
Did you ever had any STD in past?
Do you have diabetes or family history of diabetes?
Since when are you unable to retract your foreskin?

Can you upload the photos of the problematic area?

Images can help a lot in diagnosing the condition. Please do the same and we can take this ahead

Anticipating your response.
Regards.
Dr Sudarshan.

Follow-up: Irritated skin and tiny pimples on penis after masturbation. What could be this? 2 hours later
Thank you for your response. I was sexually active about there Weeks ago. My partner did not display any signs of std.... She is the same partner i have had for several years. I have had hpv in the past but haven't had an outbreak in at least 4 years. I am not a diabetic and i don't know any one in my family who is. I have not been able to retract my foreskin since i was a little boy... If i had to guess it would be at least 24 to 25 years. I would like to upload a photo but i.don't know how to do that here. Also will my questions and photos be available for the world to see or is this a private Matter where my questions, responses and photos will be between us "Doctor/client confidentiality XXXXXXX Sorry for the late response but i am at work

Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 2 hours later

Thanks for the details.

Photos can be uploaded securely by using the UPLOAD YOUR REPORTS section on right.
Or you can mail me those at YYYY@YYYY . In the subject line, write "attention to Dr Sudarshan"

Photos are visible only to me.They are not accessible to other patients or doctors.
You can be rest assured that these remain confidential.

Upload them and we can continue the discussion here.

Follow-up: Irritated skin and tiny pimples on penis after masturbation. What could be this? 1 hour later
Hello doc,
I do not want any of my questions to be viewed by anyone. I especially do not want my email or name being associated with this post. It is private and i am embarrassed to even ask these kind of questions, especially upload a picture.

If you can figure out what i have can you please tell me what medicine i can take so i can begin to heal. Thank you for your time Doctor.

Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 52 minutes later
Hi again,

Your privacy is maintained.Your email or photo is not visible to anybody.

After going through the images, I feel that it is some kind of insect bite or ant bite.Other possibillity which remains is herpes simplex infection it can present in atypical form like in your case.

You can apply a mild steroid like hydrocortisone over the affected area twice daily for 3 days .If its a bite, it will subside with this only.

If it persists, then a visit to your general physician or dermatologist may be necessary.

Hope I've made myself clear. I will be available to address any more concerns that you may have.

Regards.
DrSudarshan