Irritable throat, itching, coughing, difficulty breathing after cleaning rag. Earlier had flu symptoms. Due to dust?

Hi I was at work yesterday when i noticed dust on the floor so i got a rag and cleaned it, 10min later i was walking and had an irritable throat, i tried to clear it and it was itchy and i just kept coughing, i had a mouthful of water and then i couldnt breathe properly, i have also had flu symptoms for the past week. Could you please tell me wether it was the dust that caused my airways to block? i was very clammy afterwards and a temp of 37/2 and bloodpressure was 186/86
Posted Sat, 10 Aug 2013 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Shashi Dangwal 2 hours later
Hello XXXX,

Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX

I am of the opinion that your symptoms are due to the lingering effects of flu that you have had recently. Since you do not have any history of allergy, the amount of dust you encountered seems to be small and you do not seem to have inhaled it, it looks unlikely that dust is the culprit for your symptoms. If you continue to have symptoms you may gargle your throat with warm saline water, take some anti allergics and nebulization after consulting your physician. Though you need to seek advice for your high BP.