Ask a Urologist   »  

Irritable bladder syndrome. Is cefolac prescribed for bladder function?

Question
IS CEFOLAC-O-200[Ofloxacin&Cefixime Tablet is PRESCRIBED FOR IRRITABLE BLADDER SYNDROME.How does it help the bladder function?
Posted Mon, 25 Jun 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Follow-up: Irritable bladder syndrome. Is cefolac prescribed for bladder function? 5 minutes later
PDF FORMAT

Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 55 minutes later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

If irritation of urinary bladder is due to bacterial infection and infecting organism is susceptible to ofloxacine and cefixime, T.Cefolac-O-200 will control the infection, and thus decrease the frequency of micturition.

Hope, you will be satisfied with the answer. If you have further query in this regard, please feel free to ask.

With good wishes,

Follow-up: Irritable bladder syndrome. Is cefolac prescribed for bladder function? 18 hours later
I do not have any infection or pain in the bladder. but when I am anxious/tense/nervous I get continuous urge for frequent urination[every 10 to 20 minutes] Doctors say this is a psychosomatic condition and may need neurological
treatment. Also when the B P. goes up there is urge to pass urine frequently.I also need to pass urine twice to empty the bladder fully.I had undergone a surgery on descending colon to remove a small length covered with diverticulitis and TURP FOR PROSTATE 10 years ago and have no problems so far from the same.

Please advise the action to be taken,& treatment/medicine.

Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 2 hours later

Welcome again,

If there is no infection, T. Cefolac-O-200 will be of no use. You can get your Urine tested, and if pus cells are present, get culture and sensivity also done.

As your Prostate was enlarged, please get Sonography of your Prostate done with full bladder including post voidal volume of urine.

If size of Prostate has increased, you should consult an Urologist.
T.Alfuzocin-10mg or T.Urimax or T.Urimax-F once daily after dinner can be tried, or can opt for TURP, as per advice of Urologist.

For irritated bladder syndrom, you can try Tab.Tolterodine 2mg twice daily, under consultation with your Urologist. It will decrease urgency and frequency.

You should avoid caffiene containing hot & cold drinks. Small and frequent meals may also help to reduce frequency of micturition.

Hope, you will be satisfied with the answer. If you have further query in this regard, please feel free to ask. Ifyou don't require further clarification, please accept the answer & rate it as per your satisfaction.

With good wishes,