Irregular periods, then no periods. Negative pregnancy test. Recommend medication available in India.

I am a 24 years old married woman, 59kgs, height 5'3". Got married 7 months ago.
Since last 4 months I have been getting my periods very irregularly.
I got my periods after 45 days on 2nd September, almost 15 days delayed period from my regular period date.
After that I haven't had my periods till date. That is 2 months without periods now.
I did Pregnancy test using home pregnancy test kit 4 times during these 2 months. The result for pregnancy test was negative.

I dont have any know ilnesses or any health issues.
Please address this problem and recommend any medication which can be purchased in India and if possible provide me your contact number so that i can call and explain my problem again.
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 21 minutes later

Thank you for the query.

I would like to know few more things which would help me in suggesting you better:

1.) Were your periods regular earlier?
2.) Do you have acne?
3.) Do you have excess facial hair?
4.) Do you have history of fatigue, dry skin or constipation?

There are multiple causes for irregular periods. Two of the commonest causes are Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) and Hypothyroidism.

PCOS is a common hormonal disorder among women of reproductive age, wherein numerous small cysts are located along the outer edge of each ovary (polycystic appearance). This causes severe hormonal imbalance, with irregular periods.

Hypothyroidism is a condition in which your thyroid gland doesn't produce enough of thyroid hormones, which also causes hormonal imbalance and irregular Periods.

I encourage you to consult your gynecologist who can perform a detailed examination and run few tests like blood work up / hormonal assays; ultrasound abdomen to diagnose the condition. He / she can also prescribe you drugs like oral contraceptive pills in addition to treating the cause to regulate your periods.

Mean while I also encourage you to follow these useful life style modifications:

1.) Eat healthy nutritious balanced diet which should include fresh fruits and XXXXXXX leafy vegetables.
2.) Exercise regularly for 30 to 40 minutes daily, maintain a healthy weight.
3.) Avoid stress. Practice relaxation techniques.
4.) Avoid high calorie foods.

Hope I have answered your query; I will be available to answer your follow up queries.

Wish you Good Health.

Take Care.

Dr. Mohammed Tauseef.
Follow-up: Irregular periods, then no periods. Negative pregnancy test. Recommend medication available in India. 1 hour later
1) Yes my periods were regular earlier.
2) No I dont have acne at all.
3) I do not have excess facial hair.
4) I do not have any history of fatigue, dry skin or constipation.

Can you prescribe me any drugs.
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 11 hours later

Thank you for writing back to me.

I am sorry, I cannot prescribe you any medicine without examining, as you need a thorough physical evaluation by a Gynecologist to rule out the exact problem in you.

Once the cause is confirmed, you will be Prescribed medicines accordingly.

Follow the lifestyle modifications which I had advised, stick to your treatment plan and go for regular follow up.

Wish you Good Health.

Take Care.

Dr. Mohammed Tauseef.