Irregular periods, prescribed Ovafar and Ultrafolin. Will it help me in getting pregnant?

i have irregular period seen marriage and have consulted the doctor and he have XXXXXXX me ovafar,m2tone and ultrafolin tablets ..wil it help me in gettg pregnant. my weight is 65. im examined andhe gave me that tablets. he told me to do sonography after 5 days. to see the ovary. wil this help me in gettg pregnant
Posted Sat, 14 Apr 2012 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 30 minutes later
Hello Mrs Lobo,

Thanks for the query

I would like to congratulate you for taking the right step of meeting a doctor at a fertility clinic.

Ovafar contains clomiphene citrate which helps by inducing ovulation. It is especially helpful in females suffering from polycystic ovarian disease

M2tone is a herbal supplement which has shown to be very useful in females having irregular periods.

Ultrafolin is nothing but Folic acid, ideally it should be given before pregnancy and it has shown to prevent neural tube defects. Your doctor has done the right thing by starting it early in you.

You are in the right line of treatment for infertility, please follow your doctor's orders and also get the ultrasound done to rule out structural causes of infertility and also polycystic ovarian disease.

I wish you good luck

I hope I have answered your query, if there are no further queries please accept my answer

Follow-up: Irregular periods, prescribed Ovafar and Ultrafolin. Will it help me in getting pregnant? 22 hours later
yes i will take up whtever doctors. but atlast will the outcome will be fruitful will i be ableto concieve,.
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 10 hours later

Thanks for replying.

The success rate depends on the cause of infertility which is yet to be determined in you. Most of the causes are treatable and carry good success rate with wonderful results. You could get back to me with the results of the ultrasound scan so that I can help you interpret it.

Have faith in God and doctors, follow their instructions and you will be able to conceive.

I hope I have answered your query, please accept my answer if you have no further queries.

I wish you good health