Irregular periods, once in 2 months, stomach bloating, pain, negative pregnancy test. Causes ?

Question
Am having irregular periods. Will get periods like 2 months. But from last month on wards my stomach become big looks like pregnant and having feeling of something in side my stomachs. Bit vamping sensation. But when i taken a test its giving -ve result.and having pain in stomach sometimes.And stomach is bit hard.

Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 42 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX

Thanks for the Query.

I Would like to know few more things which would help me in suggesting you better:

1.) Is this the First time which has happened to you?
2.) Have you gained weight recently?
3.) Since how long are you married and trying for a Baby?

Your History suggests you have either,
1.Gastritis
2. Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
3.Hypothyroidism

If it is due to acidity you will have to take antaacids like Gelusil and avoid legumes and spicy food.

Kindly get yourself examined by a Gynecologist, so that she may examine you and suggest few tests like,

1.) Ultrasound Scan
2.) Blood Work up
3.) Follicular Study

Your treating Doctor will know better.

These conditions are known to cause Irregular Periods, decreased ovulation, causing difficulty in getting Pregnant. But, don't worry as they are treatable and when controlled, your periods will become regular and will help you conceive.

The treatment will depend upon the cause, Hormonal therapy for PCOS and Thyroid medications in Hypothyroidism.

Once your Periods are regular, have alternate day Unprotected sex between the 10th and 20th day of your cycle.

In addition to this, bring in some lifestyle modification:

1.) Eat healthy nutritious balanced diet which should include fresh fruits and XXXXXXX leafy vegetables
2.) Exercise regularly for an hour and maintain a healthy weight. Even if you loose weight, this will make your Periods regular, if you are overweight.
3.) Avoid high calorie foods
4.) Avoid smoking and alcoholism if you do.
5.) Avoid stress, practice relaxation techniques like Yoga and Meditation
6.) Stick to your treatment plan and go for regular follow up.

Hope I have answered your Query, I will be available to answer your follow up Queries.

Wish you Good Health.

Take Care.

Follow-up: Irregular periods, once in 2 months, stomach bloating, pain, negative pregnancy test. Causes ? 39 minutes later
Am getting periods every time after 60days.
2.) Have you gained weight recently?
yes. But my stomach is become very big. And looks like as pregnant.
1.5 years completed and trying form last 4 months onwards.

Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 1 hour later
Hello XXXXXXX

Thank you for Writing Back.

As I told you earlier, get yourself examined by a Gynecologist so that she may examine you and Prescribe medications for Irregular Periods.

Along with this try for the Baby for a Minimum of 1 year until you get a Follicular Study done along with Semen analysis of your Husband's semen sample to rule out if everything is fine with him.

Kindly have patience, follow the lifestyle changes which I have suggested, stick to your treatment plan and go for regular follow up to your Doctor.

Hope i answered your query.

Wish you Good Health.

All the Best.

Take Care.