Irregular periods, had unprotected sex. Cramps, head pain, morning sickness, frequent urination. Can I be pregnant?

I have an inregular period been having it sence a young age.3 weeks ago I had unprotected sex the frist week I getting cramps my head hurting and having moring sickness. The second week I had that as well but a littel worse. This week I still feel the same morning sickness headhunting and craving in the mid night. Also Peeing a lot . Can. Be pregnet ?
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 39 minutes later

Normally as you should be aware the ovulation takes place in middle of the cycle in most of the females. In a typical 28 days cycle this normally occurs during 12-15 days.

As your cycles are irregular one can not rely on this calculation. Still in most of the cases unless you have a very short cycle, chances of pregnancy after unprotected sex in first week after cycle is very less.

Again as you have not missed your periods yet, it is difficult to comment.

Even if by chance you are pregnant, the symptom does not start immediately in the first week like the one you have.

The symptoms could be due to following possible reasons other then pregnancy.

1. Urinary tract infection
2. Stomach infection

It is better that you visit your diet,
Plenty of fluids orally
Take tablet Tylenol for headache
Take proper rest
Take antacids if you have.

Diagnosis of pregnancy can only be made after you miss a period. You can go for pregnancy test with urine sample about 4-5 days after the missed period.

Please visit your primary care physician and get your self examined and treated.

One word of advice at this time-please avoid unprotected sex with any body, apart from pregnancy there are many risks of this behavior.

I hope this helps.

Please write again if you have something more to ask.

In case you do not have further query, please accept the answer.

Wishing you best of health.