Irregular periods followed by normal periods, stomach pain, nausea, delayed periods, taken plan b one step pill, negative pregnancy test. Causes of delay ?

I took the plan b one step pill 2 months ago, had a highly irregular period, and then a fairly normal one occumpanied by digestive problems (stomach ache, nausea). Now my period is about a week late, but i took a test that read negative for pregnancy. What could be the problem? I am worried.
Posted Sat, 5 May 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later

Plan B pill taken two months ago should not cause a delay in the periods now after such a long time.

Did you involve in an unprotected sexual intercourse again?
When did you take the urine test?

Since your period is late only by seven days, you can wait for some more days for your period to arrive. To be doubly sure about pregnancy, you can repeat a urine for pregnancy test after 4-5 days using an early morning sample of urine.

If your periods do not come by then, then you will have to consult your gynecologist to rule out other causes of delayed periods and to get synthetic hormones prescribed which will induce menstruation.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer them.