Irregular periods due to the use of steroids. Need birth control pills

Infertility Specialist
i have been on a steriod quiet some time and it screwed up my period
i would like to be put on a birth control to regulate it. i dont have time to go to the doctro if you can perscribe me with a birth control it would be great thaks
Posted Sun, 15 Apr 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 2 hours later

Thank you for the query.

I am afraid you may not be able to get the Oral contraceptive pills (OCP) without a written prescription from a doctor. There are mild chances of heart attack or stroke in women using OCP. Hence they are not available over counter.

If it is still possible for you to get OCP over the counter in you region, please ask for tablet XXXXXXX It is a tablet strip which is low dose & does not cause much weight gain. Detailed instruction slip will be in pack so as to say how to take the pills.

I hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if no more queries.