Irregular periods, delayed by one week. Causes and treatment?

Question
MY LMP WAS NOV,21,2011 AND IT IS DEC,30,2011 AND IM STARTING TO BLEED LIKE MY PERIOD IS COMING ON WHAT DOES THAT MEAN

Posted Wed, 18 Apr 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage

Answered by Dr. Meenakshi Titoria Sahu 6 hours later

If your cycles are regular, then your periods are delayed by one week this time. The reason for this delay can be stress, hormonal fluctuation etc. From now onwards, maintain a menstrual calendar. If you cycle pattern is not regular, I would suggest that you get yourself examined by gynaecologist.

I hope I have answered your question. Please accept my answer if you have no follow up queries.