Irregular periods, brownish discharge. Normal pap smear report. Reason?

Im 33 years old, 5'2" and 135 lbs and had an unusual period started a week earlier than usual and ended about a week ago. Now I am having a watery light brown/pink discharge. Normal pap 6 mo ago. What is this?
Posted Sun, 15 Apr 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 2 hours later

If your previous cycles have been normal, then you need to monitor your menstrual cycles for the next couple of months. You need to keep track of the dates when you bleed, the frequency of cycles, and the amount of bleeding.

There can be 3 possibilities here.

First, normal cycles with ovulation bleeding.

Second, hormonal imbalance that may be causing the irregular cycles.

Third, any physical pathology in the uterus itself like endometrial hyperplasia ,cervical growth, polyps etc.

You should keep note of your cycles in the next few months. If you bleed irregularly again you will have to see your gynecologist for a physical and get a repeat pap smear, ultrasound of the pelvis and a hormone profile done.

I would like to know a few more details regarding your medical history. Please write back to me with answers to the following;

Have you had any tests done yet?

Do you have any medical history?

Waiting for your reply.