Irregular periods, abdominal pain. Taking valprol. Prescribed orgamed, siphene, susten, magprol. No pregnancy. When will the periods start or is it pregnancy?

I am 25 years old. Intaking valprol 500 for 3 years. Now after marriage i got iiregular periods so consulted a doctor she suggested to have orgamed tablet to get periods. and siphene-100 for ovolution during 2-5 day of period.And susten-100 during from 21-26 day of period. in between in order not to affect baby if i was preg now i having magprol decreasing dosage instead of valprol. after taking susten its been 8 days that is march 18 2012 i got last periods now its 33 days still didnt get periods . No symptoms of pregnacy.only rarely abdominal pain comes. so can i wait for some time to see whether i am pregnant or should i consult doctor immediately. Its been 5 months i got married.
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 1 hour later

It would be good to know the previous medical history.

Orgamed is medroxyprogesterone acetate given for withdrawal bleeding. Clomiphene is an ovulation induction drug.

Valprol is sodium valproate taken for an epileptic disorder. It causes congenital defects in the fetus.
If you are on valproic acid then you should not plan for the pregnancy without consulting your Neurophysician. He might change it to a safer drug. As you said you have decreased the dose of valproate and taking magprol which can also cause birth defects.

In my opinion there is no need to take susten and clomiphene. Instead I strongly recommend Folic acid supplementation since you are planning for pregnancy.

Get an ultrasound done to see any other cause for the delayed periods like polycystic ovaries.

Since you have not menstruated this month and delayed period even on withdrawal pills I recommend you to XXXXXXX a competent Obstetrician in your area for right treatment plan.

Best wishes

Any further query is most welcome