Irregular periods. Suffered from viral fever, typhoid. Will this affect fertility?

May 2013
Dear Doctor,

Previously there was no problem and variance in my menstruation cycle. I have generally three days bleeding period.
From last two three months I am getting the menses one week early. But now this month Aril, it came twice a month- after just 15 days gap only. There is nothing like climate change or diet change etc. even I am not taking any kind of medicines now.
In September last year I was suffered with high viral and have taken the medicines for more than 10 days, In XXXXXXX this year again I was suffered with typhoid, 20 days medical treatment I have taken. In last month, I have taken 2 days medicines for stomach infection. Can so many medicines be a reason for this?

Pls suggest whether we need to give special attention to this problem? I got married last year in Feb and now I want to conceive, also pls suggest where any problem can be arise due to this issue for conceiving a baby? Do we need to take special appointment or check up with the doctor or need to wait for one or two months?
Posted Thu, 2 May 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 12 minutes later

As your periods becoming irregular gradually, better to get examined.
As irregular periods sometimes can affect fertility by disturbing the ovulation, endometrial growth etc.
The recently used medicines can sometimes affect the menstrual cycle.
You consult gynecologist once, go for physical examination and ultrasound. If she suggests you can go for hormonal profile including thyroid profile.
With this workup, the possible cause for your problem can be made out and treatment can be given.
Once your cycles become regular, you track your ovulation with kit and plan unprotected intercourse around that period, which will increase the possibility of pregnancy.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.