Irregular periods. Prescribed fertyl, doxycycline and logra. Can conception occur with this medication?

me and my wife waiting for baby consume, we almost 3 years over for my marriage. we r planning to start baby planning..but my wife have irregular periods and every time diff..dates my native place doctor told use fertyl 10 tablets and doxy 15 tablets and logra syrop. so is it usefull for consuming baby..and ofcource is it possible my wife getting pregnant

we didn't shown any doctor, just my we shown the issue with my family doctor, he sugeested the above tablets and syrop, please doctor please give me sugetion and help me for getting pregnant.what the process for starting date for ovalution my ending period ending date XXXXXXX 19-06-2012 which date we can start and is it usefull the above medicine or any side effects?which type of food we both need to take?
Posted Sun, 8 Jul 2012 in Getting Pregnant
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 16 minutes later

First of all please do not take medicines without proper medical examination and diagnosis of the problem. 3 years is a time when in the absence of any problem you should be able to conceive.

You wife is having irregular periods, one need to look for the cause of it. As you for pregnancy to happen one need to a good female egg and male egg, along with normal hormones are also required.

The best thing for you is visit a gynaecologist and gets her examined. She may need to undergo some investigations like some blood tests, ultrasound to know whether her ovaries are making and releasing good quality eggs.

After that as per diagnosis by your doctor tablets will be given.

In general please do following which should help.

1. Take good healthy diet. Avoid junk food. Milk and milk products are good.
2. Have relations with your wife in the middle of cycle which is the most fertile period.
3. Do not take medicines without proper diagnosis and advice by your gynaecologist.

The medicines given are good but must not be taken like this; they are indicated in specific situations.

Do not worry you are still young and there is nothing that you should loose hope.

I hope this helps.

Please write again if you have something more to ask, in case of no further query please accept the answer.

Wishing you both a good health and all the best for time to come.

Follow-up: Irregular periods. Prescribed fertyl, doxycycline and logra. Can conception occur with this medication? 5 minutes later
We show my native place family doctor: she told everything is fine, but periods only that time i have taken above 3 medicine it's working fine: but at that time my wife is in uk; so reason now he was can i start those medicines again or otherwise am in chennai : which hospital i need to go and which doctor i need to show the problem..please give me sugestion me and my husbend will come
what am asking was: fertyl 10 tablet dosh - uses what the purpose
doxy 15 tablet dosh - uses what the purpose
logra syrop -uses the purpose ,she was a government doctor..we didn't neglets my family doctors sugestion, just better aspect purpose am asking..

we didn't know she was telling proper or not..becuase everybody main cause money need then only answer will come..that's why asking..but after paying mony also they didn't tell proper answer: mainthing you query answer asking the right question purpose...

so doctor please guide proper not telling you
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 22 minutes later

Good to hear from you again.

I think you did not get my point in properly and understand the message that I wanted to convey.

Fertyl contains the drug clomifene citratre:Clomifene is used to treat infertility in women who are not ovulating (releasing an egg) properly and have normal levels of oestrogen (female hormone).

Clomifene belongs to a group of medicines called ovulation stimulants, which stimulate the release of eggs from the ovary.

Doxy: Contains doxycycline which is an antibiotic used to treat infection.

Logra Syrup:I do not have idea about this syrup, might be a preparation which is thought be useful in getting pregnant.

Visit a gynaecologist in your area and get your self examined. Your doctor will advise ovulation study by ultrasound by which one got to know whether you are having normal ovulation or not, and having some other issues related to ovary.

I will once again advise you to avoid taking any drugs without having proper diagnosis of the problem.

You can visit any nearby hospitals also for this .

I hope this helps and clarifies your concern.

Follow-up: Irregular periods. Prescribed fertyl, doxycycline and logra. Can conception occur with this medication? 31 minutes later
Thanku for your help doctor.
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 1 minute later
Thanks.Please accept the answer and rate it.

Have a good time.