Irregular period with clots, cramps and bloating. Ultrasound showed cyst in ovary. Are these fibroids?

Hi, I am 38 years old with hx of abnormal periods, lots of clots, stringy at times, cramping, bloating, shreds of tissue in my urine. I had a transvaginal ultra sound showed 9.0 x 5.0x 6.7 mm with echocomplex of 6.7 mm and demonstrates a trilaminar appearence. Developement of heterogenous lesions with XXXXXXX cystic areas within the myometrium in the area of the cornua bilaterally measuring 2.1 x 1.8 x 1.8 cm on right and 0.9x 0.8x 0.6 on left. I also have simple cyst on Right ovary. I am not pregnant. My gyn is planning on doing a hysteroscope to look inside at uterus. Of course had a few questions and she is on vacation. Are these just fibroids? Should I be more concerned? My health has not been great the past few years, so I tend to overlook symptoms. I have also been getting low grade fevers, usually higher before my period. Could be related to my mast cell disease, but have never got a concrete answer. Just curious of your thougths
Posted Fri, 8 Mar 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 1 hour later
Thanks for your query on health care magic.

Yes, transvaginal ultrasound suggests fibroid with secondary changes.
Cornual fibroid is something to be of concern since it causes Fallopian tube blockage.

Your symptoms are due to fibroid uterus.
Treatment depends upon:
1. Your willingness to conceive.
2. Family size.
3. Severity of symptoms.

Myomectomy either hysteroscopic or laproscopic is the treatment of choice.

Recurrent fever could be due to mast cell disorder.
You need to consult a physician for the same.

Hope this helps.
You may write to me anytime for further details.
Dr Nilofer