Irregular period, dark blood. Meaning?

Dear sirs,
Had my last period on the 25th of May. On the 13th of XXXXXXX I had some bleeding, but wasn't my period even thoigh the blood was dark.Until now, no other bleeding occured.What is going wrong? I am sexually active but Its always protected (condom).Is there a chance of pregnancy or hormonal problems?
Posted Mon, 30 Apr 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 53 minutes later

Having only a mild brownish spotting or dark colored discharge near the middle of cycle can be incidental. Brown blood means it is an old bleeding.It can be at the time of ovulation or a rough sex might cause a small blood to come out of the uterus. There is nothing to worry as I think this has happened to you for the first time. You should expect your periods on their regular time.
If such thing happens again or at regular intervals with disturbance in normal periods then the cause needs to be investigated.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.