Irregular heart beat. Is this a sign of an illness?

Apr 2014

I was curling tonight--we did a lot of sweeping--heart was pounding--I could feel it in my chest--rapid and irregular and did not seem to want to recover and I had a lot of stomach gas. When I got home I took my blood pressure --it was 113/82 heart rate 135 In the spring I had irregular heart beat and 24 hour monitor shawed several ectopic beats --no symptoms thus no treatment
Posted Sat, 9 Nov 2013 in Heart Rate and Rhythm Disorders
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You shouldn't ignore,need checkup n investigations

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX

You are 67 years old and you should not ignore your symptoms.
You have palpitation with tachycardia.
You need thorough checkup by cardiologist.
Besides clinical examination you need investigations like routine hemogram,RBS,LFT,RFT,Lipid profile,Ultrasound of abdomen,ECG in all leads,Holter ECG,ECHO.
Arrhythmia may be asymptomatic and it may land you in emergency condition.So you need proper evaluation.
You need proton pump inhibitors like tablet pantoprazole 40 mg before food for six weeks.
Proper treatment can be done after clinical examination and investigation reports.

Hope i have answered your query.
Get well soon.
Further queries are most welcome.

Take Care