Irregular cycles with slight pain. Taken Sharkoferrol. Is this normal or is there something to worry?

I am 21 years old and I am facing a problem that my cycle takes near about 32 to 35 days and sometimes even more. Initially I was given treatment for pain in lower abdomen which was cured. Now I started taking Sharkoferrol (Ca, ion vitamin supplement) one teaspoon a day before going to bed and calcium supplement from cadila. Now its been a month since I have been taking them and I had a very comfortable period with a delay of 8 days according to schedule. Suddenly I found that my cycle started again within a gap of 15 days with a slight pain. Is this normal or is there something to worry and when will my cycle days will actually start?
Posted Sun, 15 Apr 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Chetna Jain 1 hour later

Irregular cycles are a common thing.

As far as the pattern remains the same, there is no worry.

The supplements that you are taking are unikely to alter cycle length.

Its not clear, if you are sexually active or not. If yes, whether you have taken any hormonal pill like regular pill or i pill. If you are sexually active, then do a urine pregnancy test and a transvaginal ultrasound.

In the absence of any such history, do an ultrasound to rule out any other causes and start writing the cycle dates (menstrual dates charting). It will help your Gynecologist to plan a treatment.

Hope, this answers your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have follow up queries.