Irregular bleeding with clots, taken MTP kit, done UPT test. Cure?

i m 27 years old female , i had missed my period so i have done upt test it results positive i have taken mtp kit . on the day when i got second dose of tabs i had bleeding with clots on 2nd day there was no bleeding or no abdominal pain but on 3rd day again bleeding starts with fewer clots its now 4th day but bleeding persists is it normal ? if not then wat should i do? i dont wanna see doc.
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 7 hours later
Since you have already taken the MTP kit, now you must face the side effects due to these medicines. An irregular , prolonged and heavy bleeding with clots is expected. If you are passing too many clots and you are feeling dizzy then you need to rush to nearby gynecologist for proper management.
I hope you were pregnant for less than seven weeks for the medicines to cause complete abortion.
Now since you are having a heavy bleeding you must have an ultrasound scan to rule out any retained products in your uterus. Watch closely for the bleeding. If it increases, you might have to undergo Dilatation and Curettage ( D&C) to stop the bleeding.
Meanwhile take plenty of fluids and hemostatic agents like ethamsylate and tranexaemic acid after consulting with your gynecologist to stop the excessive bleeding.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Follow-up: Irregular bleeding with clots, taken MTP kit, done UPT test. Cure? 3 hours later
thank you doc,
bleeding is decreased since morning with minimal clots, is their any long term side effects i have to face or any precautions i have to take ?
when ll be my next menstuation expected ?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
Hello again,

Thanks for writing back.

After taking these pills a prolonged intermittent bleeding is expected for upto one month.

Next periods will be according to the date when you took these pills.

You should use other methods of contraception for at least next six months for uterus to recover properly.

Hope my answer is helpful. Write back if you have further queries.

Wishing you a trouble free speedy recovery.

Follow-up: Irregular bleeding with clots, taken MTP kit, done UPT test. Cure? 1 hour later
Thank you doc ,
god bless you
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 58 minutes later
You are most welcome.