Irregular bleeding between periods. Taking prenatural. Can this be regular periods or pregnancy?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
if i had a period on feb 8 and in march i had one for two day can i be preiod ?
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu 19 minutes later
Hi there.

You have provided with good information and I appreciate it. In order to guide you appropriately, I will need a few more details regarding your problem, so please answer the following questions in as much detail as possible.

Have you had irregular periods before this ?

Are you on any medication ?

Is there any heavy bleeding, pain on menstruation, vaginal itching or discharge, recent emotional stress ?

It appears that you are having irregular but decreased volume of bleeding with shorter intervals inbetween, called polymenorrhea. There can be various causes for the same, including hormonal disorders, stress, infections, trauma to genital tract etc.

Sometimes during pregnancy there would be amenorrhea or loss of the monthly period and also implantation bleed, where when the embryo implants into the uterine lining, there would be slight bleeding.

If you are having unprotected sexual intercourse, it is highly advised that you get a urine pregnancy test done to find out if it is possible pregnancy with implantation bleed.

Kindly perform safe-sex whenever possible. Use condom to prevent sexually transmitted infections and unwanted pregnancy.

Kindly d respond to the above queries.

It would be best to consult your Gynecologist to look for possible causes of irregular bleeding as mentioned above and decide proper management of this problem.

I hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries.

Wishing good health.

Follow-up: Irregular bleeding between periods. Taking prenatural. Can this be regular periods or pregnancy? 25 minutes later
i have not had any irregular bleeding , i have been taking prenatural , i just have light bleeding in the mouth of march for two day and that all
Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu 10 minutes later
Hi there.

Thanks for the reply.

Kindly confirm the name of the medication 'Prenatural' and if possible it's pharmacological name or use.

The light bleeding could be due to hormonal disorder.

It is advisable to confirm a pregnancy by urine pregnancy test first. If the test is negative it is usually due to a hormonal disorder which can be treated by your Gynecologist usually by medication.

Sometimes when a girl attains puberty, the following few years will have irregular menstrual cycles as well which should get regular in time.

I hope I have answered your query.

Wishing good health.