Ipill taken before sex, periods started in the middle of the month, heavy bleeding. Side effects of ipill or pregnancy?

hi!! anupriya from kolkata.i have one query as i have asked earlier also that i had i pill before the intercourse ..and i wanted to know that do i have any chances to get pregnent or not .nw may be coz of i -pill my periods have started in middle of the was due on 10 th dec but started on 19th i still have chances to get period flow is too much... is it going to hamper my health...
Posted Sat, 14 Apr 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 10 minutes later
Hi Anupriya,

Thanks for posting your query

'I pill' being a hormonal preparation and that also in high doses can cause withdrawl bleeding mid cycle and also delay the next menstrual cycle.

Since you had taken the pill recently it seems that you are experiencing bleeding as the side effect of pill.

The bleeding might be like normal periods and would be present for few days.

Meanwhile have healthy balanced diet and drink lots of water. If the periods do not get lighter even after a week then consider visiting a Gynaecologist for evaluation.

Chances of pregnancy seem to be remote.Also the next period may be delayed by a week or so, do not take stress and be relaxed as few cycles might be altered.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.