Involuntarily excrete semen and a thick transparent liquid from penis. Smoking marijuana. Feel defecate. Guide?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
I often involuntarily excrete semen and a thick transparent liquid from my penis when i am defecating. I have started noticing this since I started smoking marijuana. Since then, I often feel that i need to defecate and i visit the loo but i end up not being able to defecate more often than not and end up excreting a thick transparent liquid from my penis
Posted Fri, 30 Aug 2013 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Hello
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have
you have been smoking Marijuana and since then passing white coloured thick liquid from your penis while defecating.

What you think as a semen is not a semen but an excessive secretion of mucus by glands located in urethra which is drained out through urethra due to increased abdominal pressure exerted during defecation.

This is known side effect of Marijuana .Looking at the many side effects of marijuana on reproductive organs It is in your own interest to stop smoking marijuana.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you
Dr.Patil.

Follow-up: Involuntarily excrete semen and a thick transparent liquid from penis. Smoking marijuana. Feel defecate. Guide? 1 hour later
Why does marijuana cause increased pressure during excretion? Besides any idea why I feel the need to defecate immdiately after smoking?

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 4 hours later
Feeling to defecate after smoking is known side effect of Marijuana due to reflex stimulation of colon. That is it causes stimulation of the intestines increasing the urge to pass stools.
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Follow-up: Involuntarily excrete semen and a thick transparent liquid from penis. Smoking marijuana. Feel defecate. Guide? 4 days later
But how can marijuana cause constipation as well as the feeling to defecate? I'm very confused by the replies

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 3 hours later
Hello

The problem of constipation may be due to some other common reason like less water consumption, inadequate use of roughage, green vegetables and fruits in diet.

Please modify your diet and observe any change in your toiletry habits.
You can take stool softener to like Isabgol to soften the stools.

Thanks and Regards.

Dr. Patil