Inverted eyelid after surgery. Sensitive to light. Will a surgery resolve the light sensitivity?

I have an inverted eyelid from surgery 7 months ago Starting the day after surgery (shunt put in) I became very sensitive to light and can only see with sunglasses, even at night.

I am going to have surgery next week to correct eyelid. Will this resolve the light sensitivity (in both eyes), or is it too late?
Posted Wed, 6 Nov 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 49 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Photophobia may be corrected after surgery

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to XXXXXXX Thanks for your query.

In medical terms we call this as Photophobia. It main reason may be injury to the cornea post surgery.
So it is important for the corneal injury to heal to get rid of photophobia.
In Inverted eye condition the eyelashes come in contact with the corneal surface and cause corneal injury and ulcer.
Only if both are taken into consideration and prevent corneal injury the photophobia can be managed effectively.

Its not too late if it is related to cornea because you always have an option of corneal transplant.

Hope the answer helps you.