Inverted T-wave observed in EKG. What are the findings from the EKG report?

Excellent

Question
Inverted T-wave in EKG.

I have 3 EKG's I would like someone to take a look at. Is there any way to get them to you?
Posted Sat, 2 Nov 2013 in Heart Attack

Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to XXXXXXX

I have gone through your query and understand your concern.

From your ECG- It suspect you may have Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy ( HCM).

It is a Hereditary disease of heart. There are two types Obstructive and Non obstructive.
Obstructive type is common.

Sudden cardiac death is the most serious complication of Hyper trophic Cardiomyopathy, it follows that correct diagnosis, followed by risk stratification of patients with regard to the need for prophylactic implantation of an implantable cardiac defibrillator (ICD), can be of life-saving importance.

Thus i advise you go for further investigations like Electrocardiography, Holter ECG monitor and Treadmill test. Cardiac MRI may be needed.

I advise you not to do any strenuous exercise till you complete all investigation and confirm the diagnosis.

Ejection fraction is important in pumping function of heart.

The decision for either drugs or surgical treatment is decided only after further completion of investigation.

Please consult a cardiologist for further management and investigations.

Hope this helps.
Please reply for further queries.

Follow-up: Inverted T-wave observed in EKG. What are the findings from the EKG report? 43 minutes later
So you are saying DO NOT do any Spinning Class, Aerobics, heavy weight lifting, heavy bike riding, running, or other activities that bring your heart rate up to 160 bpm til further testing is performed like a treadmill stress test?

Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes. Risk of sudden cardiac event.

Detailed Answer:

Yes. Do not do any Strenuous work.
Sudden cardiac events are more common while doing strenous work.

There is high risk of ventricullar fibrillation leading to low cardiac output and sudden hemodynamic collapse and Myocardial infarction ( Heart attack).

Please do further investigations.

Hope this helps.
Please reply for further queries.

Follow-up: Inverted T-wave observed in EKG. What are the findings from the EKG report? 1 hour later
Wow! Now you got me really scared since I did a mini-triathlon last week.

But it still could be benign, right?

Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes. It is benign but precaution is necessary.

Detailed Answer:

Hypertropic Cardio Myopathy is frequently asymptomatic until sudden cardiac death, and for this reason I suggest you to do further investigation.

A significant number of patients with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy do not have any symptoms and will have normal life expectancy, though i should counsel to avoid particularly strenuous activities or competitive athletics.

Thus i advised you to not do any strenuous activity.

Hope this helps.
Please reply for further queries.

Follow-up: Inverted T-wave observed in EKG. What are the findings from the EKG report? 5 hours later
Doc

You know I would not even be here if I had money to burn. But when a Cardiologist booked me for a Nuclear Stress Test and me being on a tight budget, well I thought that was a little over kill since there was little to warrant such....yet.

Thus, I come to you with my issues. And have become very studious on the subject of recent. There are Cardiologist that have found in many PQRST waves that a Inverted T-wave was found to be benign. I am hoping I am one of them. lol

Question - do you think it would be of benefit to have a specialist(Cardiologist) at XXXXXXX to review my EKGs?

Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Wish benign. Consider further investigation later.

Detailed Answer:

I too wish you to be in one of the benign people with inverted T wave.

If is definitely helpful for you, if you consult our cardiologist for further doubts.

Please consider about further investigations atleast some time later in a life.

Hope this helps.
Please reply for further queries.

Follow-up: Inverted T-wave observed in EKG. What are the findings from the EKG report? 24 hours later
I am getting my echo done tomorrow on my birthday. I hope to then submit to Health Care Magic and get a second opinion from a Cardiologist. Fair?

Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes. It is good to consult our Specialist.

Detailed Answer:

My Advanced wishes for your Birthday.
I pray for things to be good tomorrow.

We always here to help you.
We XXXXXXX welcome your queries and reports for opinion and further management.

Please consult our cardiologist in WWW.WWWW.WW for expert opinion and advice.

Hope this helps.
Please reply for further queries.