Interval between periods started increasing and have severe stomach pain. Effective medication?

Hi Sir/Madam please help me. Usually i have 28days cycle, but for last 3months it has been for 36days only, this month even after 43days i have not got my periods i have severe stomach pain and all symptoms but i havent got my periods, i dont want to become pregnant now-due to my family problems pls advice me correct medicine for getting my periods immediately, i am writting with tears, help me pleaseeeeeeeeeee
Posted Wed, 20 Feb 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 43 minutes later
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic, I am sorrry that you are in so much distress

When the cycle is greater than 35 days it is called oligomenorrhea.
This can be related to a number of different factors including physical or emotional stress, inadequate diet, abnormal levels of thyroid hormone, high levels of a hormone called prolactin, polycystic ovarian syndrome.
Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) is a condition that is associated with irregular periods, abnormal hair growth (on chin, chest or abdomen), insulin resistance, polycystic ovaries and problems with fertility.

You may want to consider to performing a pregnancy test to rule out pregnancy. IF this is negative then you may want to have your doctor rule out any hormonal abnormalities.
In patients where the thyroid and prolactin levels are normal and it is thought to be related to PCOS , then the oral contraceptive pill ( once there are no reasons that you cannot be on the pill) can be used to regularise the period. In addition , weight loss , if there is any excess weight improves the symptoms in this condition.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
Follow-up: Interval between periods started increasing and have severe stomach pain. Effective medication? 16 hours later
Thank you for your reply, but I am not satisfied with your answer, I want to know what tablet can be taken now to get my periods immediately.
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 7 hours later

There is medication that can be used to induce periods but it unfortunately cannot be obtained without a prescription.The name is provera.
Before providing the prescription, your doctor may perform a pregnancy test to ensure that this is not the cause of the present delay.

As mentioned , if you are not pregnant and given the provera, then oral contraceptives can be used to regularize future periods.