Interstitial pneumonitis, burning from incision to nipple, taken pain pill

had biopsy 7 days ago was inhterstital pneumonitis. now have burning sensation from inscion to nipple. enough burning has to take strong pain pill.age:68 height: 5'11" weight 258, congestive heart failur, a-fib valvel repaired.
Posted Fri, 4 May 2012 in Lung Cancer
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 5 hours later
Hello and thanks for the query.

This burning sensation is not uncommon after this type of biopsy procedure. After the biopsy an inflammatory process often occurs which causes some fluid to accumulate in the area where the biopsy was performed.

I recommend that for the time being you take the pain medication as prescribed. You might also consider taking some naproxen or Aleve twice daily for a few days. This might help the inflammatory process.

Finally, I recommend you drink plenty of fluids and maintain good hydration along with a well balanced diet. The discomfort should improve within 5 days or so.

Thanks again for the query. I hope this answer serves to be helpful and informative. If you have any additional concerns I would be happy to address them.

Dr. Galamaga