Intermittent pain and soreness in hip, small bruise in upper thigh and groin area, no swelling. Case of bone cancer or lymphomas?

I've had unexlplained intermittent pain in my hip/thigh area - basically some soreness at the hip point on the side of my thigh. Not too bad but noticable - more so when I'm sitting down.

This weekend I have some strange feelings/discomfort in my upper thigh area and some soreness in the upper thigh area/groin area. There is also a small bruise there.

No swelling is noticable.

Are these commone symptoms of bone cancer or lymphomas?
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 11 hours later

The symptoms you have mentioned, like pain in hip, thighs, soreness and small bruise overlying suggest orthopedic causes like trauma. You have not mentioned any history of trauma.

I presume there isn't any. However, probably this is only a minor trauma which has caused only X-Ray of the part and blood counts done. This will rule out any bone injury or other bone problem and we would be more comfortable.

As for treatment, you should get warm compresses and physiotherapy, with pain-killers like tylenol SOS for few days.

Lymphoma usually do not present with bone or joint pain and at your age primary bone cancer is uncommon. So these are rare possibilities.

Hope i have answered your query.I will be available for follow up.