Intermittent fluttering sensation in the left ankle. Related to long hours of drive?

HI, I have an intermittent fluttering sensation in my left ankle this has been goingon for about 2 days. I had a long drive about 3 days ago and wonder if it could be associated?
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 38 minutes later
Hello and thanks for query.

Most likely fluttering sensations in the ankle joint seem to have developed because of fatigue resulting from long drive.

Just do some hot water fomentation and it would go away.

Generally these involuntary muscle twitching don't mean anything but if they get prolonged and continuous and associated with muscle weakness or mood swing or loss of focus then you should consult a doctor as then it could mean some underlying neurological disorder although chances for that happening is very rare.

I hope to have answered your query however you can revert to me for any other query.

Thanks and good luck.