Intermittent back pain. Any advice?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I am having back pain since last two weeks. Just above my pelvic bone on the back side and not just on the bottom of vertebral column bone alone. It is horizontally the entire back just above the pelvic.
Pain is intermittent, meaning, I don't have it all the time. Only when i sit in office after one hour or so. (I don't have pain after I wake up in the morning).

My sitting posture is odd. I lean on the chair with my upper part of the body (just below the neck I can say) and move my waist little forward.

After I got pain, I changed my posture and I don't lean at all. I sit straight with my hands supported right from elbow by the work table.

My question is: Even two weeks after changing my sitting posture, I am having the pain still. It is less when i sit straight without any support. and little more when i lean (with my entire back body leaned) on chair. Any advice on this / any particular Excercises for back pain is appreciated.
Posted Wed, 30 Oct 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 22 hours later
Brief Answer:
Improve posture and do spine exercises

Detailed Answer:

I have studied your case.

Most probable reason for your symptoms could be postural problem as you may be sitting for long time and working on computer/office for long time.

When such patient comes to my hospital we usually take x XXXXXXX spine to see for any nerve compression.
Medication like methylcobalamine with muscle relaxant and analgesic will reduce pain; you can take them consulting your treating doctor.

Some exercises which can be done after pain has reduced include- Spine extension exercises, Lying on your stomach flat lift leg 6 inches from ground, do it for other leg.
Now lift both hand and leg simultaneously, 6 inch off the ground and stay
Position for around 10 breathes. Core stabilizing spine exercises will help.

You may consult physiotherapist for further guidance. He may start TENS, or ultrasound which is helpful in your case.

Some life style modifications to prevent pain– Take break every 40 min from computer and do some lumbar rotation, stretches, walk and get back to work. Sit with taking support to your back, and do not watch television constantly.
I will advise to check your vit B12 and vit D3 level.

Hope this helps. Wish her a speedy recovery.