Intercourse with high class sex worker, condom breakage after withdrawal, anxious

Question
Hello Doctor,
I'm a 29 Yesr old (Male).
I had intercourse with a high class sex worker some three weeks back. I used a condom and was being safe. However I noticed that my condom broke when I completed the intercourse.
The girl gave me assurances that she is free from any sexual diseases. I didnt panic that time as it was an accident. However now this has made me a bit anxious and scared.
I noticed that the condom broke only when I withdrew my penis after I achieved orgasm.
I couldnt help that time from going to a sex worker as my sexual desire was high, though I understand that what I did was not correct.
I will be able to correct myself. I'm sure about it.
I dont have any problems now, I'm very normal as I use to be.
However, what happened was accidental, and I'm getting scared.
Please advise.

Thanks,
Deepak

Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX

Thanks for your query,

If you are sure about the fact that the condom tore at the end of the session just before withdrawing the penis from her privates, then i would consider you being in very negligible risk. Need not worry.

The HIV/Std to spread needs a minimum optimal contact time with the infected fluids , in your case the contact with the body fluids itself is doubted.

If you want to beat your anxiety to the root then i would ask you to wait for a week from now and get a HIV P24 antigen assay which will be accurate after a month of exposure.I see that there is no need for the test , but get it done only if you think that the negative result in the test report will help you more and relieve you of your anxiety.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.

Follow-up: Intercourse with high class sex worker, condom breakage after withdrawal, anxious 2 hours later
Hello Doctor,

Thanks so much for your response to my query.

Could you tell me where the HIV p24 tests are taken?

I'll get that done, as I think thats essential.

I'm yet unmarried, and search is going on at my home to get me married.

I dont want to be troubling anybody, so I prefer to get the test done.

I'm worried.

Deepak

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 12 minutes later

Hi XXXXXXX

The below mentioned labs do conduct the test,

Central Labs
No F3, 3RD FLR, XXXXXXX XXXXXXX Plaza, Abv Tata Motors Or Indian Bank, Richmond Circle Junction, Richmond Road, Bangalore - 0000
(91)-80-0000

Focus Diagonstics Center & Speciality Clinics
No 1213, 20th MN, 5TH Block, NR Shivanahalli Circle, Varrior Bakery On Service Road, Rajijinagar, Rajajinagar, Bangalore - 0000
(91)-80-0000

Super Religare Laboratories LTD XXXXXXX Road, Bangalore-0000

Metropolis
M S Ramaiah , Hospitals ,Banglore 0000

Wish you good health.