Inter menstrual bleeding, difficulty in urination. Abnormal pap smear report

Infertility Specialist
I just received back an abnormal smear test result and have been told not to worry and that I will be re-tested in 6 months time. What I didn't tell my doctor was that I've been having mid-cycle bleeds for the last two menstrual cycles and I am also having problems urinating, i.e. I have to really push on my tummy to urinate. I'm 38 years old, 5ft 6 and 11 stone. Thanks in advance, Katie
Posted Mon, 23 Apr 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 2 hours later

Thank you for your query.

- Intermenstrual bleeding is important and you should have told your doctor. Any abnormal papsmear needs to be tested again within six months. So you can get another smear done in a couple of months & reveal this intermenstrual history then to your doctor.

- Urinating problems are unrelated to smear. But you have problem as you need to press on your tummy to urinate. This could be urethra. Please give your urine for testing under microscope, culture & sensitivity. I prefer you get examined by a urologist after you obtain urine report. Because 2 laparoscopies you had might have caused some adhesions & pushed bladder.

I hope I have answered your queries. Please accept my answer if no more queries.