Intense throbbing pain in uterus directly after sex. Why does this happen ?

I have an intense throbbing pain in my uterus region that occurs directly after sex and lasts for a couple of days following. The area feels almost swollen and a constant dull throb/ache. I also have experienced bleeding directly after sex (a dark brown colour). I was prescribed two different birth control pills over the course of the last 12 months. Of which I have stopped taking 1 month ago as I was experiencing a noticeable change in my moods and increase in anxiety. Since stopping the pill we have had protected sex with condoms.
I'm 21 years old, have been with the same sexual partner for over 6 months and been having sexual intercourse for over 5 years. I'm 58kg, roughly 155cm tall and a routinely active and physically healthy person - apart from constant fatigue of late.
Posted Sat, 30 Jun 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 2 hours later
Thanks for consulting us.
This is good to know that your are in good health & stay active. But, I must say that the signs you have quoted sound quite suspicious & warrant investigation to find out the cause.
Please let me know are you regular with your cervical smear tests? As the complains you are having specially the post coital bleeding may be a sign of some serious cervical pathology.
The pain may be related to the same pathology or may be a sign of some other disease like pelvic inflammatory disease, endometriosis, or any other sexually transmitted disease.
Best way to find out a solution is to see a Gynecologist. She/He will examine your pelvic area, may take few tests at the same time to confirm the clinical diagnosis & will then be able to prescribe you appropriate treatment. You may also need some blood tests & Ultrasound scan of your pelvic area.
I hope I have given you clues how to proceed in your case. If you have any other question please write back. I will be happy to help you out.
Wish you good health.
Best Regards.